Environmental, Health and Safety Policy Statement
It is the policy of Zennor Petroleum Limited to manage all the activities and operations of the Zennor Group (collectively “Zennor”) in a responsible manner that protects the health and safety of its employees, contractors and public, and also minimises adverse impacts on the environment.
To accomplish this we will:
- Ensure that all personnel, whether employees or contractors, are aware of their delegated environmental, health and safety responsibilities and are properly trained to undertake these.
- Provide the resources necessary to implement this policy and to develop and maintain our EHS systems.
- Ensure that environmental, health and safety protection command equal prominence with other business considerations in the decision making process.
- Design and manage our activities to prevent pollution, minimise environmental and health impacts and provide work places where safety hazards have been fully assessed and appropriately mitigated.
- Encourage use of the best available techniques to reduce the environmental impact of our operations, particularly with regard to the efficient use of energy and materials, the minimisation of waste and the prevention of pollution.
- Commit to continual improvement of our EHS performance by setting objectives and targets and performing regular audits and reviews.
- Ensure that appropriate contingency plans and resources are in place to respond to incidents and emergencies.
- Ensure that all our operations comply with legislative requirements and associated codes of practice and guidance.
- Communicate and consult with stakeholders and the public and have regard for their interests when planning activities.
- Conduct regular audits of our EHS management system to ensure that it is being observed and to seek improvements within the system.
- Act with integrity at all times.
Zennor acknowledges the global threat posed by climate change and recognises the need to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. We accept our responsibility to comply with emerging climate change legislation, regulation and industry best practice, including the UK “Net Zero” requirement by 2050. We will reduce our GHG emissions as far as is reasonably practical through appropriate initiatives. Assessing the contribution of our operations to greenhouse gas emissions is part of our environmental impact assessment process for all operations.
Responsibility for compliance with our EHS policy and standards lies with the Managing Director, line management and all staff who are engaged in work on our behalf.
Zennor Petroleum Limited